Habitat for Humanity of the San Juans is an equal opportunity employer and local nonprofit organization serving Montrose, Ouray, & San Miguel counties with the following mission and vision:
Improving the lives of individuals and families in need by building and renovating basic, affordable homes while educating and advocating for housing resources in the San Juan Region.
Every family in Montrose, Ouray and San Miguel Counties have the opportunity to have a home that is safe, affordable and in good condition while fostering a pride in ownership. Key stakeholders and community leaders share this vision and view housing as a top priority. Resource allocation reflects that shared value.
Position: Seasonal ReStore Associate/Receiving/Driving
Location: Habitat for Humanity of the San Juans, Montrose, CO
Reports To: ReStore Manager
Pay: $12.56-$15.00 per hour
Hours: 20-40 hours per week between Monday and Saturday 9 a.m.- 6:30 p.m.
*Position is open until filled.
GENERAL SUMMARY: This position will work from our ReStore location in Montrose, CO and is a seasonal position. The ReStore Associate may support store functions like loading, picking up donations from varying locations, receiving donations on site, and transporting things via truck.
*The position will require regular availability on Saturday work hours and working with the public. The truck/receiving duties are expected to be performed in a professional and ethical manner to achieve a safe and positive customer experience and ensure the continual improvement of the ReStore reputation, productivity, and profitability.
- Follow and adhere to all safety standards
- Inspect donations carefully & enforce requirements tactfully
- Clean, sort, price, and stock inventory.
- Help load and unload donations from vehicles
- Assist in display of merchandise
- Track donations received and distribute donation receipts
- Cleans bathrooms, offices, parking lot, and retail area on daily basis or as needed
- Keep up to date on methods of pricing, inventory, and procedures
- Greet guests, answer questions and provide assistance as needed
- Attend all staff meetings
- Regularly communicate with management and coworkers
May include but are not limited to the following:
- Load donation items using safe lifting procedures
- Completes a daily route in a timely basis in areas scheduled for pick up=
- Works closely with the public and receiving logistic team
- Unload donated items before and after daily route
- Maintains the vehicle including washing exterior, interior and cargo hold
- Communicates any maintenance or repair issues of the truck to the management team
- Maintains safety log before and after daily route
- Responsible for all keys, locks, GPS equipment, and cell phones provided to driver
- Must be able to stand for 4 hours at a time
- Must be able to lift 75+ lbs. with assistance
- Truck Operators must have a clean driving record of 3+ years, be 21+ years of age for insurance purposes, and take a drug test. Must be flexible, enthusiastic, and willing to advocate the mission of Habitat for Humanity
- Must be comfortable with the use and operation of warehouse material handling equipment such as a hand truck or dolly
- Exhibit a positive working attitude by demonstrating respect for fellow workers, donors, and customers.
Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, be able to pass a background check, have a great sense of humor, an honorable work ethic, appropriate work attire, a team mindset, and a heart for our mission.
Applications can be picked up at 1601 N. Townsend – Habitat for Humanity of the San Juans ReStore OR you may apply now using the form below!
*We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, age, religion, protected veteran status, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected class in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its programs and activities.